Trollope Mining Services is a privately owned entity that operates on good sound corporate practices and is recognised for delivering a superior service in the mining sector and services industry at the highest levels of production and safety. The Company supports the responsible management of health and safety, which forms an integral part of our business ethic.
Through strategic management of health and safety, and by creating a culture of health and safety awareness and responsibility we strive to:
- Reduce incidents by conducting corrective and preventative action to achieve industry best practice.
- Identify, assess and manage risk to employees, subcontractors, service providers and communities.
- Entrench a culture of safety for everyone which is not compromised.
- Zero tolerance to alcohol and drug abuse.
- Zero harm.
Our Policy in this regard is therefor to:
- Provide a safe, hygienic and healthy working environment for the well-being of our employees;
- Manage our risks rather than trying to eliminate them totally;
- Ensure that the health and safety of the community is not compromised by our operation;
- Comply with the requirements of the health and safety rules and regulations;
- Motivate, educate and train employees to assume personal ownership of health and safety issues;
- Focus on the application of health and safety standards, including fire protection, good work practices and sound management principles, to ensure that all possible measures are taken to minimize losses and avoid accidents;
- Enlist the commitment of all staff to comply with the Act and Regulations and to manage and counter the hazards of our business through a well-practiced health and safety program;
- Co-operate with professional bodies in formulating health and safety standards, with the intent of making these realistic while achieving a fair balance between health and safety priorities and economic values;
- Entrench safety as a value for our people which is not compromised;
- Strive to achieve the industry best practice;